Sunday, December 04, 2005

Qur'an

As a Christian, I have primarily experienced the beauty of God through my own spiritual experience and His message. What impressed me about Islam is the realization of God's inherent beauty through scripture itself. The actual written word of God is an art form unto itself and the Arabic transforms into song. The Qur'an indend has a message, yet also expresses who God is through its actual form.

As I sit at my laptop, my bismillah hangs on my wall right in front of me. This image has never been a part of my spiritual experience, yet I find that it draws me into a state spiritual awareness. "In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate." The asthetic quality of Muslim scripture becomes such an important element in spiritual awakening and in the understanding of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home