Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Genuine Community IS Possible

The past two or three weeks of this course have been the most meaningful for me. This is not simply because I am Christian, and we are studying Christianity. What has made is so meaningful is the level of discussion that we have all been having. I wish that we had used these blogs more over the course of the semester. I know I personally sucked at keeping up with it, but I think they enhance our understanding of this course and of each other.

I have really enjoyed reading what everyone has had to say and think that everyone has said some very important and intellectual things. I have enjoyed commenting on your blogs and generating this religious discussion.

To be honest, I have always thought of Wheaton as a particularly secular institution. We have no chaplain, our chapel is not a chapel, and there is only one religious service offered weekly (a Catholic mass). I have been so encouraged by this class. I have discovered that people are curious about religion and spirituality and that this campus has such a immense potential for growth in these areas. I'm going to quote Josh because I really liked what he said (read the rest of his post...its a good one). "United we will stand together, but different." I think this is a realizable goal here at Wheaton.

I'm a little sad to be ending this course now. I hope that we will continue to discuss and think about the things we have learned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home